Pros and Cons of working from home during and after covid-19
One thing I have to say this Covid-19 has changed many companies mentality on working from home as in this time it’s more risky to have workers work from the office.
- your more productive
- you can spend more time with your children as you can keep them home.
- for companies they can downsize their work spaces as they don’t have to have as many desk. so less space needed easier to downsize and pay less rent.
- employees can save money on travel and food if they dont bring a lunch.
- more money available for team building activities and other other expenses.
- less time traveling.
- more work for IT professionals
- more time to spend with family due to less travel time.
- you can make upgrades to your infrastructure that you always wanted to as your company has more money.
- more time to make elaborate dinners for you family
- less travel less expense equals more money to spend on family.
- less office drama
- you can blast you music at home while you work unless you take phone calls or video conferences.
- Less human contact for those of you who are social. depending on what you consider human contact, for me a screen with multiple people on it then you can move to what they call a break out room as they call it and have a private conversation.
- Less exercise unless you make time to go for a walk or have a gym at home or go to the gym in the evening.
Can be cumbersome to plan a outing after work with your colleagues unless you plan ahead to meet on work premises then walk from there if your downtown.
- A lot harder to plan spontaneous lunches with colleagues.